Learn how cognitive behavioral therapy is used to address depression anxiety trauma PTSD and negative behavior
What you’ll learn
The ultimate guide to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – CBT Course For Free
- Identify specific negative thinking patterns and cognitive distortions.
- Improve well-being and mood using evidence-based strategies.
- Apply CBT principles in therapy and in other mental health settings.
- Increase positive thinking and improve satisfaction with self and life.
- The origin and history of CBT
- The structure of CBT and who uses it
- Basic understanding of common psychological terminology is suggested
This course explores the main aspects of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and provides a general overview of the topic.
- An outline of the course
- Reasons to learn about CBT
- Empirical evidence related to CBT’s effectiveness
The following section will cover the basic principles of CBT so students can better understand important concepts.
- The origin and history of CBT therapy
- Terms and definitions that students will need to know
- Key principles of the cognitive model
- Understanding which professions use CBT
- The structure of CBT
- The relationship between therapist and client
The following section will discuss different categories of negative thinking and cognitive distortions. Each category of negative thinking and each intervention will have its own lecture.
The course concludes with a discussion on the limitations of CBT, supplemental therapies and alternative therapies.
The course contains a variety of resources that the student can use to improve their understanding of CBT and for practice purposes. These resources are:
- Linked articles and websites
- PowerPoint slides
- Worksheets and example sheets
- A quiz for every section
Thank you for your interest!
Who this course is for:
- Mental Health Counselors, Psychologists, Social Workers, and other mental health professionals.
- Teachers and School Counselors.
- Individuals seeking knowledge on how to address anxiety and/or depression.
- Content From: https://www.udemy.com/course/the-ultimate-cbt-guide-concepts-skills-and-interventions/
- Ultimate AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate 2021
- Adobe Premiere Pro: Ultimate Beginner Course
- After Effects CC Masterclass: With CC 2020 Updates