How to Make Financial Reporting Easier and Faster with Microsoft Excel and Power Query.
What you’ll learn
Excel: Automating Financial Reports with Power Query
- Build up your skills with Microsoft Excel and Power Query so that you can make your own automated financial reports.
- It’s easy to automate financial reports if you cut down on the things you do every day.
- Make a plan for how to automate reports with data flows.
- Find and manage raw data quickly, such as cleaning and transforming messy data into a report-friendly database.
- By mastering PivotTables, dynamic formulas with INDEX, MATCH, SUMIFS, and many more, you can make dynamic reports.
- Use Power Query to speed up data management tasks.
- Weave in fun, interactive financial reports that will help your stakeholders make better financial decisions.
- Work more efficiently and save time. No more working overtime or late at night to do the same things over and over again.
- Take steps to make the financial reporting process more efficient for the long-term future!
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel is needed.
- If you want to follow along with Instructor lectures, you should have Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Excel 2016 or 2019 on your computer.
- Willingness to learn a new thing to make your reports easier to make.
Are you working too many hours to make reports? Do you spend too much time on non-value-added tasks?
What do you want? Do you want to learn how to automate your financial reporting in a hands-on and step-by-step way?
You’ve found it!
In this course, you’ll learn how to use Power Query in Microsoft Excel to speed up the time-consuming process of making financial reports. It’s for people who work in the business and finance fields like accountants, finance managers, financial analysts, accountants, students, and more.
The course is based on a Case Study that was made to deal with a lot of practical problems that people have when they make financial reports. It shows you how to use Functions and Formulas, Pivot Tables, and other Power Query tips and tricks to make financial reports run on their own. As soon as you understand the idea of automation, you can easily apply it to another type of report as well.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- to speed up the process of making financial reports: use Excel and Power Query.
- learn the most important formulas, functions, and Power Query skills that are used by people in business and finance.
- get rid of tasks that don’t add value and use the time saved to do more value-adding analysis tasks
- Impress your bosses by giving them timely and accurate reports.
Methods of teaching:
- An example of a video: There are 22 videos that explain the concept and show how to use Microsoft Excel and Power Query to automate financial reports.
- In each lecture, there are Excel files that you can download to see the data, practice files, and solutions that were used.
- To check and make sure you understand each module you’ve learned.
Who this course is for:
- The people who work in business and finance (like accountants and finance managers) use Microsoft Excel to look at data and make reports.
- People who want to learn how to make interactive and dynamic reports with Microsoft Excel should go to this class.
- People who want to save time by automating tasks that aren’t important.
- Graduate students who want to be good financial advisers, consultants, and so on